blited ovum support

today my best friends were told at their 8 week ultrasound that after not being able to find a heartbeat and olny an empty sac that it looks as if it is a blited ovum.

The mother after suffering 4 miscarriges in the past 2 years is naturally traumatised but she is also angry at herself. she is saying things like " i am defective, i can get pregnant but not have babies" she is pushing everyone away

The father is on the otherhand is a mess.

they are both my best friends in the whole world and i cdont know how to support them.

thexbluexfairy

Asked by thexbluexfairy at 8:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes, there isn't really anything you can say or do for a family who is going through such a terrible loss. My sister has suffered three miscarriages and told me that the best thing I can do for her is to listen and cry with her when she needs it. She told me it's really hard to hear "I know what you are going through/feeling", because unless you have been there you really don't know at all. She also has told me not to tip toe around the subject or talk to her like it never happened. She appreciates that I recognize her children and admit that I think about them and that I worry about her. Even if I don't know what to say I am ALWAYS a shoulder to cry on.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009