Ok this my 3rd kid, but I've never had this happen what could it be?

My hubby and I just got done with sex I stood up and felt a tiny unpainful pitch and clear watery stuff come blowing out. I'm not feeling worse contractions really than I was before. It's still leaking a little not lots. I also suddenly got dizzy and weak.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are over 36 weeks, don't stress right now. (hospitals generally don't stop labor this far along).

I have felt pinches after sex, and it's been my muscles. I also have thought my water broke because for a few hours afterwards there was this watery/sticky leaking. Not alot, but enough to concern me. It stopped.

Since you just got done having sex, I would wait a little bit. I would get myself clean. Take a shower, etc. If you notice it stopping when you sit down, starting when you stand, it could be your water, and you can always get that checked at your doctors office. :) If it has been clear, there is no sign of infection, so no need to worry. Drink lots of water and let things take their course. If it's a leak, and not a gush, it could reseal itself or you could have the baby in the next day :) (water breaking w/out labor is not a need for induction.)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• how far along are you
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• just turned 39 weeks.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• well it started in a gush and now it's a leak that stop when I'm sitting. I'm starting to feel a few contractions I think I can't tell. I've had early labor once that sealed itself. Since I've had contractions in my back and they confuse me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• just wait then, you're 39 weeks right? it could be labor! Who knows, sex may have just knocked you into labor isn't that cool? haha. I wouldn't really stress right now, if you have a doctor you can call. Hopefully he's not induction happy or anything.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• What would induction happy change things.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh, because he may try and force you into an induction or getting pitocin, if you don't labor within his time line.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Or yeah I hate that stuff I had to have it with my last cause my water broke the baby was completely effaced and I wasn't moving in dialation at all for like 5 hours or so.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• it sounds like your water breaking to me
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 5 hours isn't a long time! gah lol.. As I said, most women deliver with in 36-48 hours after their water breaks! So if you don't want pitocin, refuse it! Stay at home as long as you are comfy, etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009