Baby going to a daycare?

If a child younger then 1 goes to a daycare do they confuse the daycare lady with the mother? Do you two get less attached?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest DD will be 4 in August and has gone to daycare since 6 weeks. Although she does love her babysitter she has always preferred to be with mom and dad. It is not always how much time you spend with your children but how you spend the time you have with them. My other DD just turned 6 months and has also gone to the sitters since 6 weeks. Again she does smile at the sitter when we drop her off but she is more excited when we pick her up. It may be hard at first but I believe it teaches kids independence away from mom and dad.

maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I worked in a day care, and I worked as a nanny, and I can assure you that they don't confuse the workers with their mothers. No matter what, you will always be the mom.

Your child knows your smell, the sound of your voice, and your touch. Nothing will be able to replace that in their mind.

Once they can learn how to talk they may accidentally call the daycare worker "mom" by mistake, but it just slips out, they haven't replaced you in their minds.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 9:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, but can I suggest a home daycare or hiring a nanny. Daycares stink! I've worked in several.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter has been in daycare since 6 weeks. She doesn't confuse mom/dad with her "buddies" at daycare. She loves it there, which makes me happy enough to go back to work!and I think the important thing is just finding a good daycare. It makes all the difference. You can rest assured that no matter how good the daycare, they in no way have the ability to give your child as many hugs and kisses as you do, and play with your child with undivided attention like you do, so you won't be replaced so easily!!
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 10:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had the same worries as you do, and I can honestly say NO, he will not forget you or prefer to be with his teachers. If you find a good daycare center, your child will love the teachers, his/her friends and playing with different toys. There are some days that I blame daycare for his colds that he gets way too much, but we are just paying our dues early with that one. My son is now 18 months old and gets SOOO excited when he gets to daycare, but he is just as excited when I pick him up at the end of the day.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My eldest went to daycare before one and she didn't get attatched to anoyone there,well not overly attached anyway
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009