What do you think of this new testing? http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=7212884&page=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I wish this testing was common place and/or this inexpensive to conduct when hubby and I decided 8+ years ago to start a family. I had a complete blood workup done that included an assay test--to see if I should get the Varicella booster (since I had never had chicken pox), and I was told I was immune to all common childhood illnesses (which is true since I never had anything other than a cold every 5+ years or so!).

We did elect to cryogenically preserve our children's cord blood though, because my husband invests heavily in the biotech industry, and who knows what medical science will discover in 10+ years?

I would have definitely done this DNA profile test if it was available. Perhaps I would have known about my father's genetic make-up since I never knew my father, and perhaps, we wouldn't have had our own biological children, as both of my children are Autistic--which IS GENETIC.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009