Do you mind when friends stop by unexpectedly?

Yes, I prefer they call

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do mind. I think it's rude. It's not that hard to make a courtesy call.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I do mind! to me coming by unexpectedly is just RUDE!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No.. Its no big deal to me.. BUT if we are on our way out is where i find it hard..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes , i prefer them to call because my house maids might have not finished cleaning
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Omigosh I can't stand that! Ill come to the door with a housecoat on and hair all wild and whatnot thinking they would take the hint, but they standing there smiling like they don't have a care in the world. Mind now, Im still blocking the doorway trying to give them a hint. That is my biggest pet peeve. The only people that are allowed to do that is my kids grandparents and my mommy and sis.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't mind so much if it's one of my friends. Then again, we recently moved and I don't have any friends yet who would stop by :( But what I HATE is when relatives come over without calling first. My husbands family seems to think that since I'm a SAHM, the house should always be clean (which it is, but also messy with a 5 year old), and that I should always be home. I've been out to the grocery store and returned to a certain Aunt leaving messages asking why I'm not answering the door --- well I guess I'm not home so why are you calling me from your cell phone in my driveway???
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes...that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. If ANYONE stops by unannounced I get highly annoyed. lol
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes.... except for my BFF. Everyone else is just in the way. When I was younger, I didn't mind, but now... I don't know why it changed (maybe all those unexpected dinner guests) I much prefer they call first.

Now I have one friend that will call..... when they are two blocks from my house!!!

Calling ahead is just good manners.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I hate that! It's rude. You don't know when dinner is, if we are enjoying family time, or whatever. Call first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I rather have my friends stop by unannounced then my parents everyday! lol
    I don't mind too much.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009