tummy time?

My girl is a month old and really doesn't like tummy time. I still do it a bit everyday untill she is crying too much. It's never more than 5 minutes at a time. How long does she need to be on her tummy each day, and what can I do to make it more enjoyable for her (and me!)?
thanks!

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD HATED tummy time!!! We would do it at 5 minute increments as well. I would do it with her 3-4 times a day. I would sing to her, use toys that made noise to try to get her attention, I would try to get her to use her arms and legs. But, Yeah, she screamed and cried a lot. I hear ya!!! We've been there too!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lay on your tummy infront of her. Play with her while she is on her tummy, do you have a tummy mat, they come with lots of toys for baby to play with. I never had a problem with tummy time my dd loved it! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i have a mat and toys, but she just isn't interested.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• All you can do is keep doing the 5 minutes. Both my kids hated tummy time, they would just screem and roll over to their back. Your doing just fine with the 5 minutes at a time, my kids would only last about a minute.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 9:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Also, lay down on your back and lay her on her tummy on your tummy. You can try sitting in a chair, laying her on your knees an patting her butt too. My DD has always loved Tummy Time, but I used to always put her on my belly...
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Get a mirror. My DD loved to look at the mirror while she was on her stomach.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was lucky to get my son to do it for 5 minutes.lol..but he still learned sooner than other babies..just do your best whatever she will let you do..
    landonsmommy709

Answer by landonsmommy709 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• we didnt do tummy time.. my son hated it so i wasnt going to force it. he still rolled over on time and crawled a little late but hes 9 1/2 months and you would think hes been crawling for months. i hated hearing him scream just as much as he hated tummy time. do what you think is best mom.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009