When do you stop feeding your child baby food?

My dd is 10mths old and just recently got her first two bottom teeth. She loves to eat those Gerber Graduates cheese puffs and anything soft enough that adults eat. She seems to be getting less interested in baby food. She's been on stage 2 foods for awhile now and doesn't seem to like any of the stage 3 foods. What else can I feed her? I want her to get all the nutrients she possibly can and I very seldom feed her table food. What else is there for babies with not that many teeth? She doesn't like the biter biscuits either.

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 9:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doc said that in the first year of life the most important nutrition comes from breast milk or formula. After that whatever you give her is just icing (so to speak). If you are still giving her regular bottles then feed her what ever foods you are comfortable giving her and that she likes. I think at this stage variety is more important so that she can get used to all sorts of new tastes. This is in hopes of avoiding the picky eater behaviors.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son lost complete intrest in baby food at 8 months old. I feed him any thing that we eat as long as he doesnt have a hard time chewing it. He eats waffles and diced fruit in the mornings, anywhere from mac and cheese a sandwich pulled into pieces applesauce ect. for lunch and for dinner he eats canned veggies like peas carrots creamed corn pot pies spaggeti tv dinners (which I only do when Im in a pinch spaggeti O's in meat sauce soups and so on. Just make sure everything is cut into small pieces. My son doesn't have many teeth either but he just gums everything and loves it all!! Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Avocados, egg yolk omelettes, cheerios. whole milk yogurt. oatmeal, small bites of bread, soft fruits (mandarin oranges, ripe pear, bananas), small bites of pasta, rice, couscous, cooked carrots, peas, green beans, soy beans... Babies don't need teeth to chew, but at 10 months you should stick to foods on the softer side and ease into it. We never did the stage 3 foods, they looked, smelled, an tasted awful. We kept giving veggie purees well into the toddler months because she still liked them and it was an easy way to do veggies, but that depends on the child.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter is almost 10 months and she has started to completely refuse baby food. She wants to feed herself and those purees don't really allow her to do that. So, we started feeding her real food, cut into tiny pieces. So far, she has been much happier and she has loved everything she has been given! We started with fried egg yolks for breakfast, the Gerber Graduate fruit dices, steamed veggies cut into tiny pieces, hot dogs, bananas, etc. We just try to make healthier choices for her, which is pretty easy for us since we are all on diets. lol
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We introduced table foods at 6 months and they were on all table foods by 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would start feeding more table foods and she can eat any soft finger food. Teeth don't matter at all... they don't use them to chew, they mash with their gums.
    My son is 8 months and is eating: noodles, green beans, peas, carrots, rice, bread, crackers, small peices of chicken, hamburger, roastbeef, dry cereal, cheese, tortilla shells, sweet potato... and whatever else we think he can mash.
    We have had to increase him milk intake a little because moving on to finger foods he doesn't get as much in at a time as when he was getting more purees (which he also gets, but not as much)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009