small children and taxis

ok, we are thinking about taking a weekend trip to chicago. Our daughter is 3 and is still in a car seat, (obviously) and I am wondering, how do you take a taxi in a big city with a small child??? how does that work???

jdadmommy

Asked by jdadmommy at 9:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you're gonna have to take it with you or take a bus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've never given it any thought before. I hope you get a good answer and have fun on your trip! I live just over an hour from Chicago but I've never taken my kids.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son and I travel to NYC everyday for school/work...since he was 3. We'd take taxis from the bus station and I would just strap him in the back seat. The rides were short distance...not saying that it was the best idea..but I did what worked.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I wonder if you could take just a booster seat for her. I know she isn't "really" big enough for one yet, but it would be better that nothing and perhaps not as cumbersome to carry. I've thought of the same thing. So we are just going to drive ourselves when we go up and hopefully just stay at a hotel that is very central to all that we want to see. Good luck!
    bam920

Answer by bam920 at 7:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009