Has any one had back labor?

Can you tell me how to tell when your contracting? and how to time them?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thanks every one I talked to my doc It's time to go in. My baby boy will be here soon!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i had back labor with my dd but i can't help you on timing it. i didn't even know i was in labor until i went to the dr & he told me. my back hurts all the time due to rheumatoid arthritis, so i just thought that's why i was hurting.... sorry i'm not much help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I only had back labor. My back was cramping like I had, well, for lack of a better term....bad diarreah cramps that never let up. I think mine lasted a minute or two then stop for a minute then start right back up. Mine started at 12:45 one afternoon. I then drove an hour and a half to the hospital. Was sent to a room and at about 4, the dr broke my water. At about 6, I was checked and the babies head was right there. The dr came and 2 pushes later my son was born at 7:01pm. All back labor, no pain meds. And I will say, the back labor is sooooo painful. I think I could have stood regular labor better.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've had it for 2 weeks now and 4 days hard contractions but not regular, now I'm pretty sure my water broke. I had regular labor my 1st 2 pregnancies.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• with my last it was the day before i had him and then all that day. the area right above my booty would cramp up soooo hard and then release.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had back labor only for two days, then on the third day, i took a nap, woke up and about ten mins later i had normal contractions. But before the contractions started my mom had me get on my hands and knees for some reason, and it helped me feel and time them better. and like i said ten mins after that i had normal ones. i went to the hospital 45 mins later and had my son 4 almost 5 hours after that. good luck and congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It basically feels like someone is taking an ax and pounding it into your back...you wont miss it. I never got the epidural and back labor is VERY painful!!!!!
    AmandaL21

Answer by AmandaL21 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009