Do you have step kids from HELL?

My sister recently got married and her two stepdaughters are driving her crazy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry but just because you marry someone who has kids doesn't mean his kids can't bother you. It's going to happen and while I agree that the kids are loyal to their mom it doesn't mean they have the right to treat their step-parent rudely. Their parent should make sure the new spouse is treated with respect. Just because your parents are divoreced it doesn't give you a free for all to be a major brat. Now if they aren't being bratty and she just doesn't like them that should have been considered before hand. But it doesn't sound like that is the case. Yes she should try to have a good relationship with them but she isn't a floor mat. If there is a good/semi-decent relationship between the two bio parents maybe they can sit down and talk to the girls together, let them know they still love the girls but they need to be respectful. We weren't allowed to be rude to our stepparents, it was just not acceptable.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 10:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No Thankfully I only dated and then married a man with no children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• She should have been WELL acquainted with them before they got married. You don't get married THEN realize they are driving you crazy. They feel loyal to their mom, and all of a sudden they have a new step mom that they most likely didn't ask for. Your sister needs to find compassion in her heart & understand where they are coming from in order to make a decent relationship with them. And if she does not try her hardest to do that, then she should not have married this guy. Also, if she loves him, she should try to be the best step mom to his kids. She should love the extensions he brought into the world too.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When my boyfriend and I first got together his son (9 at the time) did everything he could to break us up, it had worked with previous girlfriends. Little did he know I'm stubborn as a mule and refused to be bullied by a child. 12 years later and we're still together.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009