• In the Spotlight:

Permanent Marker

How do you get permanent marker out of a tan microfiber couch? Please help!! Thanks :)

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 9:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Oh, here ya go... just found all these posts.... apparently Hand Sanitizer will take it out of microfiber http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf45305752.tip.html

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• O Shi7!!! you may have to call the manufacturer! Microfiber is meant to turn loose of stains using only bottled water..... but permanent marker?? OMG I would be freaking out too.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My microfiber couch came with a bottle of cleaner and stain remover...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 9:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• A product called Amodex may take it out..... it is recommeded by Sharpie to remove ink stains.. You should be able to get it at Home Depot, Tru Value or Hobby Lobby.... but read the instructions and contact the company that makes the marker he used, they'll have suggestions.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sadly it was me who accidentaly left the mark..... :( Thanks ladies
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I found thid product called Oil Eater, it takes everything out, even permanent markers. My daughter's son got it all over the 2 new recliners she got for Christmas and they look new again. The greatest stuff I have ever used. I washed my husband's wiork jeans, that had been laundered for 5 years, and all of the oil and stains came out and they had been dried in the dryer . Love this stuff, You can buy it online.It is biodegradable, non-toxic, and non-corrosive.

QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 11:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009