bad sign??

my mom told me that my swollen feet was a sign for bad things,, and said i should tell my dr and they may have me have my baby this week. i only have a week left and i just thought it was normal to have swollen hands and feet. especially since i stand on my feet for 7 and a half to 8 hours a day at work.

does anyone know?

emily..ann

Asked by emily..ann at 9:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My feet and hands swelled up every time I was pregnant... And I was fine, so are my kids...
    It's normal.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 9:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If you are unsure, then call the doc. I had swollen hands and feet too! My feet were swollen long before I had my kiddos...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 9:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It can happen with pregnancies but it doesn't mean it's a bad sign. They do look for swelling and watch so you don't develop pre-eclampsia.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Swelling is completely normal in pregnancy. If you have that accompanied with high blood pressure and protien in your urine then it could mean pre eclampsia, but that isn't a cause for induction.

You can mention it to your doc. Drink lots of water, monitor salt intake (minimize it), and take a vit. b6 :) Since you are on your feet so much, when you get home soak them and then elevate them! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Hands and feet are normal for swellage. if your face suddenly swells over night that is a cause for concern
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i had swollen feet from 20 weeks on and it was cause i worked where i was on my feet so my dr just told me to just sit down when i had the chance and when i go thome to lay down with my feet slightly elavated for a while. my son is fine. he is 2 1/2.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 10:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My feet swelled too. I was a bank teller. The doctor wrote me out of work, and told me to keep an eye on them.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• celticreverie said all that i was gonna say..this is my 3rd and my feet are Just now starting to swell.(im almost 38 wks) i was swollen from 6 months on w 1 and 2. and it probably IS becuase you're on your feet 7-8 hrs a day. Elevate them as soon as you go home and it'll go down.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009