Conflicker Virus, Will you shut you computer off on April 1st due to this virus?

Here's some links about the virus that's supposed to hit computers April 1st, well they are unsure but they are warning us all to play it safe in case it does.

What do you think?

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/viruses/worms/conficker.mspx

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/27/60minutes/main4897053.shtml

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/conficker.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, it doesn't matter if you turn your comp off tomorrow. The virus is lodged in your scheduler for April 1rst, so the day you turn it on, it hits you.

We spent the afternoon debugging the comp. We did have three viruses, but not the conficker. I got a free download from down load. com to do the dirty business. It was updated for the conficker. Ladies, take this one seriously. It's a nasty one and steals info to a botnet.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Probably..... But I'll probably just unplug the modem. and work offline. I started two days ago updating everything, installing scan for Conficker etc. I got a a really bad one a few years ago that actually killed my computer..... as in had it wiped, formatted and re-installed my OS.... .. is was never the same and eventually I replaced the machine. Not taking any chances on this one.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Nope...I have a MAC...they're known for being able to remain virus!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ...free

(typing too fast!) LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Nope, its basically just going to hit computer that didnt get the patch for Internet Explorer 7 back in November.

My dads a computer programmer so I won't have to worry about it.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thanks for the update, I almost missed it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• What's the patch for internet explorer mean?? i never heard of this and any info would be great thanks
    Anonymous

• I heard if its going to harm anyones computer, they already have the virus- itll just start screwing up things tomorrow. Im not going to turn my PC off.. worse comes to worse ill have my father come over and fix it. Luckily hes a computer genius. haha.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• nah I'm not worried. Everything on my laptop is already backed up. It was bought refurbed back in 02. Still works great. If it does crash ah well I wouldn't mind an upgrade lol.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009