Bad attitude with 9yr old son?

my son is 9yrs old, plays tennis and baseball, he is very busy! he also has generalized anxiety disorder and adhd. he is not on meds for either one. for the past 3 months my son is not pleasent at all and it is driving me insane :0( everything, and i mean everything is a struggle with him. he gets annoyed if i suggest he blow he nose! i feel like we are slipping away from eachother, and it makes me so sad:0(
do you have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe set up some one on one mom and son time? I am not sure that this will help, but even a few minutes before bed time. My son is very busy as well, he often asks for "snuggle dates" just some quiet time for the 2 of us (he is 8 yrs old). we also will take some time just to watch a show that he likes together, or look at one of his library books. I don't know if this would help, but it's all I could think of... Good Luck!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i think that is a good idea :0) we used to do things just he and i, but now he is so busy with sports 6 days a week, its like we run out of time. we go as a family to all of his sporting events and cheer him on , so i know he isn't feeling left out or anything, its so frustrating , ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I hope it works out for you! I wasn't incinuating he felt left out, but maybe he is so busy that he would enjoy the one on one time, to kinda slow down from the crazy schedule :) Let me know how it goes and good lcuk!!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh, I agree with that! A chance to reconnect in a relaxed way may be just what he needs.... and it will do wonders for you too!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009