anyone have the 10 year IUD?

I am thinking of getting it instead of a tubal ligation

tattooedmomma23

Asked by tattooedmomma23 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• My cousin has it...the Paragard. She loves it! No complications whatsoever. I had the Mirena. After I have my baby I plan on getting the Mirena again.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have the Paragard too - it's worked ok for me, although it has made me cramp some randomly throughout the month, and my periods are heavier. I didn't want anything with hormones, so this was pretty much the only "sure" choice for me :) My friend's mom got pregant on it, but that's rare.
    LyraLark

Answer by LyraLark at 11:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have the ten year Paraguard. It is a life saver. I don't have to remember pills and I may want one more child sometime down the road. I am only 31.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I got it when LO #2 was about 9 months old (now 22 months) and I love it. My periods are a little heavier in the first couple days and a little longer, but much lighter in the end. Other then that it is great. Insertion was a breeze (make sure they use spray lidocaine on you first!) and other then DH feeling it the first couple times so I had to go back and get the strings trimmed we have had no issues at all. We know we are done for at least 5 years, but I can't do hormones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you ladies
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009