Leg cramps?

My dd wakes up at night screaming and grabbing her legs. Is it growing pains? They don't usually bother her during the day at least I haven't noticed except once or twice... Growing pains??

ajbrownies

Asked by ajbrownies at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea, it is most likely growing pains. My daughter did not wake up screaming, but she did have sore legs in the morning. Kids grow while they sleep. Maybe give her some tylenol or motrin before she goes to bed.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Probably just growing pains... My son does the same thing... I just give him some tylenol and rub his legs... I remember when I was 10 or 11 I went throuh a growth sprut and every night for two weeks I woke up in tears my legs hurt so bad... Usually it was early enough that my parents were still up and I'd hobble to my mom and she would sit on the floor with me and rub my legs til the pain went away some.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• feed her a banana for a before bed snack. It could be a lack of potassium, a warm bath and a good massage while she falls asleep. If after a couple of days this does not work tylenol too. Growing is hard and painful but just giving pain reliever without trying anything else is not good. JMO

TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 2:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my youngest daughter gets them all the time, and its mostly in the evenings or at night, the DR said, to give her a vitamin thats rich in iron, give her more potassium(lots of bananas) and make her either take a nap or just lie down, also increase her water intake leg craps are a sign of dehighration, ans since we have been doing this(past three weeks or so,) they have gotten alot better
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009