sex during your third trimester

i just came into my third trimester and i still crave sex. my fiance says that sex during the third is a no no. is that true? my doctor hasn't told me otherwise.

JoshsMommy09

Asked by JoshsMommy09 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex is perfectly fine during the last trimester. If your water has broken, then no, sex isn't okay. But if your water breaks, chances are that sex is the last thing on your mind. Also, sex is not allowed if the doctor has specifically told you not to do that because of a problem but since the doctor hasn't said anything, sex is okay.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, that is not true at all. UNLESS the doctor says so. Most doctors will actually tell you to have sex when you are nearing the end of prgnancy to help bring on labor.
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You can have sex all the way up tell you delive the baby..Your SO is scared of hurting the baby I bet. Ask him??Why he says that?

Answer by louise2 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Continue to have sex, men know nothing about pregnancy so just laugh at your fiance and tell him it's all ok! :) I am almost 33 weeks preggo and still having sex and will until my water breaks :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• As long as your doctor has not advised against it, then it's fine. I craved it also in my 3rd trimester, but my husband was the worried one. I pretty much forced myself on him sometimes. LOL.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I believe its fine until you're near your due date because I heard that sex induces labor.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Poor thing he is going to be a great dad he is probly scared of hitting the babies head from the inside thats cute .it will help you dialate if you have sex on your 3rd trimester .Try a position that is comfortible for both the only thing that will make him feel better is if you both go to your OBGYN and ask the dr in front of DH.
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• it could just be his personal preference. my man told me he was uncomfortable having sex especially after this one time he hit my cervix..hes like "theres something at the end of the tunnel" lol but he ended up breaking down towards the end bc i begged him!
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• thank you everyone for your answers. he reads all these books that i think make him paranoid lol. everytime i suggest it he tells me "but the book says..." he sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night wanting sex ( like most men ) and he told me that i need to tell hi no if that happens. i never tell him no lol.
    JoshsMommy09

Answer by JoshsMommy09 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If your OB told you not to then it is defiantly a no no...but other than that, if you ask your OB about it I bet you she will tell you that it is natural. And that you should, sex during your 3rd Trimester is actually encouraged! It will help endues labor! Dont let any-one tell you any different! It is perfectly healthy!!!
    teen_mommy0322

Answer by teen_mommy0322 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009