Any one else creeped out by Facebook?

I finalle broke down at the insistance of friends and went to sign up. There was a list of 30 or so people who wanted to be my friend if I ever joined - most of them I do not know - it's so creepy that I cancelled my account already - just weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never had that happen. I have facebook so I can talk to old high school and college friends and see what they are up to. It has been a great resource for that.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm not creeped out by it. If someone wants to be my "friend" and I have no idea who they are, I just ignore it. I keep my profile set to private also, to try to avoid the weirdos. LOL. What I like about Facebook is getting in touch with old friends!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I notice that people are more apt to add you as a friend on Facebook whether they know you are not...sometimes people I don't know add me because they see me on someone else's friend list.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• it is different than cafemom that's for sure, cm is so much more organized, I like it more, but a lot of my old friends won't come on here, so to keep in touch with them and to see what they are up to I joined facebook, but like I said I don't like it as much.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 10:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• What I can't Figure out if I hit Allow to someone sending me A Peep or A Smile I can't Go through Allow & Follow Through! Most people finding me are my Friends from Clubmom & Here.... I hope I only get my Likeable People there.... Plus+ I have one Pix. of me its the one here & I can't down load it so I have that Generic pix. of me up there..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am still a little paranoid about all my information about family etc out there on the net...no pictures of my daughter etc...I keep it very generic and use it more for my business.
    luv2laaf

Answer by luv2laaf at 11:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• im not creeped out at all, i have never had that happen i just keep in touch with old friends, and my profile is privet so only my friends can look at my pics and posts

alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've only had a couple of people that I don't know try to be my friend. All I do is hit the "ignore" button and go on with it. Turns out that they were just friends of some of my other friends.
    mom2eliandjayde

Answer by mom2eliandjayde at 11:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Its actually much better the stupid myspace. I hate myspace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The CIA started Face Book I can see why it creep you out. They also will keep any pictures you put on there to use how ever they want.
    There is something going on to change things??
    Just never put important info on there.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009