?? for breastfeeing moms

I am about to have my second child. With my first I could NOT breastfeed :( I really want to do it this tmie, but I have a ?? do your babies sleep through the night early on (at like 3 or 4 months) my son who was on formula did- so I am just wondering- because all of the little kids I know that are on breastmilk do not sleep through the night-(even at like 10 months) is it a breaskmilk thing or a kiddo thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its a kid thing - doesn't have anything to do with whether they're breast or formula fed. My daughter was breast fed and she was sleeping 6 hours at 6 weeks, and 8-10 hours a night consistently at 2 mo.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son was breastfed (never had formula) and started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. I have other friends who's breastfed babies slept through the night. So it just depends on the baby.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It's a baby thing, every baby is different. Breastmilk digests quicker though, so many babies need to be fed more often.

Don't let that deter you, it is a much better option then formula :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son is breastfed and is 8 months. He does not sleep through the night... but not because he wants to eat. We have given him formula to see if it helps and it doesn't.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I Breast feed my baby girl and she was sleeping through the night at 7-8 weeks, so it is possible for them to sleep through the night early on-but every baby is different. She's 6 months now and sleeps at least 12 hours through the night.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My girl is fully breastfed and since day one she was only up once at night to eat, and straight back to bed. She would sleep 4-5 hours, eat, then another 4-5.
    She is one month now and is starting to skip that nighttime feeding. Last night she slept 9 hours.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I pump and feed and my daughter isn't a GREAT sleeper, but she isn't a HORRIBLE sleeper either. She will usually go 5 hours when we first lay down, and then after she goes back to sleep, another 2 or 3 hours.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I bf my DD for 4 months and she slept through the night, 10 pm to 6:30 or 7 am from the first day she was born.
    Anonymous