7month old with sleeping problem!!!

my daughter has been sleeping through the night for the last 5 months. we are talking... 10 hour stretches! For the last week, she has been waking up every 4 hours again. I thought this stage was over? Any ideas on what makes this happen and how to make it end? Ive tried to let her cry it out, that doesnt work. i dont pick her up. i just go in and lay my hand on her chest and she goes back to sleep for another 30 min or so, but then she right back up again. HELP!!!

lovinsophie

Asked by lovinsophie at 10:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she hungry? It is possible she is going through a growth spurt and needs a little extra nutrition in the night. Try a snack before bed. Does she have an ear infection? If you've ruled those two out, then she has probably just started having more vivid dreams...has she started crawling recently or trying to crawl? Sometimes new skills will interrupt sleeping patterns. My daughter started pulling up to standing 2 mo. ago and we've been having sleeping issues for 2 mo...now she has started walking finally and she is sleeping just fine again. Just stay consistent and it will pass. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i feed her right before bed time, 1 jar of stage 2 food and 5 oz of milk. yes, she has been crawling. i dont think she has an ear infection. there is no crying, and shes not pulling at ther ear. thanks for the advice!
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 10:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Babies just do this. Teething, learning something new, growth spurt, you name it. Anything that changes can affect their sleeping. It will pass, my daughter has had a couple of these in the past few months, but right when I get to my wit's end she sleeps again. Just remember she's not doing it to make you mad :) I had a hard time remembering that at 3am...Good luck!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son has never slept normal!! For his first 3 or 4 months, he would sleep 8 hours at night (he would sleep and eat lol)and took like 2 hour naps every 2 hours! Then from 4 to 8 months he would only sleep like 10 minutes at a time during the day and maybe 2 hours total at night! Since he was 8 months (he is now 10 months old) he sleep about 4 hours before he wakes up at night then he will be awake for about 30 minutes and go back to sleep... He will take about an hour nap 3 times a day. He is so random!!! I can completely understand your frustrations! I guess somethings you just have to bare through and hope they get better lol Good Luck!!
    Whitney_Short

Answer by Whitney_Short at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009