I need opinions.

My husband and I are discussing getting separated/divorced. We are on friendly terms, no fighting or arguments. However my husband is discussing our situation with his friend who is also giving my husband an opinion. I dont have a problem with him discussing our situation, however I am wondering if I should try to contact his friend and give alittle bit of the situation from my point of view instead of just hearing his side. I kinda feel like if this other person is going to give an opinion they need to hear more of the story.

lonelyandscared

Asked by lonelyandscared at 11:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I would not tell the friend anything. #1 he his your soon to be ex's friend therefore will believe your ex over you. #2 Your ex may get angry...and divorces are hard enough. Even if it is 'friendly' now...may not be if you start trying to turn his friends to your way of thinking. #3 Does it really matter? You probably won't see this friend much adn those that care about you...know how you are and everyone else is going to make up their own story anyway.

I do hope the divorce stays friendly.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 11:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I dont think so unless this is a close friend of yours too. If its his friend he will probably tell your husband you had to let him or her know your side too and that may make him a little upset.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think as long as it is friendly you should leave it be. There are just too many ways this could get ugly. As long as you husband is being fair and keeping things civil, there is no need to go to his friends trying to explain your side of the divorce. You said you are okay with him talking about it, of course he is going to give his side and want support in his defense, let him have it. Stay on the path of peace. Dont stir things when they are going as smooth as possible. Sorry you are dealing with this. Hope all works out! Praying 4 u!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think it would be better if you and your husband spent your time talking to each other about what you can do to save your marriage. If either of you feel the need to consult with someone else, it really should be done together. I would hope that both of you would be more interested in getting the marriage on track than in proving the other to be at fault.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My ex and I are on friendly terms too!! but when he gets mad at me and starts drinkin and is around his friends he bad mouths me badley!! And this is his friend not yours stay out of it your gonna look like the crazy wife!! And just remember there is always 3 sides of a story when it comes to divorce... His story, her story and what really happend !!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If you have made up your mind that you're divorcing, why do you care what story your husband is telling his friend? If you think there is any chance you might reconcile, don't talk to his friend because it will be real awkward later on. Talk to your own girlfriends if you have to get things off your chest.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009