Anything I can do?

im 37 weeks...im 100% effaced, 3cm dialated, a few minor contractions..nothing too big compared to what ive felt before....Walking, sex, raspberry leaf tea and spicey food dont seem to help AT ALL...

anything more i can do to speed things up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope it will happen whent it happens have the doctor striped your membranes yet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Acupressure
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• stripping membranes is unnecessary, can increase your risk of infections, and only works less than half of the time.

Red Raspberry leaf tea is not a labor inducer. It strengthens uterine and pelvic muscles.

Sex and Walking are the safest options and will help only if your body is ready. Already being dilated doesn't mean your body and baby are ready yet.

It will happen, just be patient.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• can the doctor strip my membranes at 37 weeks? next time i see then ill be just about 38 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• well if i were you, i would do jumping jacks. its not easy AT ALL. but it works. and as long as you are already active and not a lazy preggo like some, including me this time around, you wont be hurting you or your baby =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes since you're 100% effaced and 3cm. but even that might not work if your body isnt ready. but it's the one thing that you could try now.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• sleep b/c when the baby is born you'll wish you would have! The baby will come when it is ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm gunna have to say the tried and true method of sex. Lol. That's what brought my little girl in this time. Lol. Hadn't realized my mucus plug had broken and the hubby and I had sex, she was born the next afternoon. Lol. Good thing too.

I TOTALLY feel you on wanting it to happen sooner. I'd been trying for weeks to get her to come early so her dad could spend time w/her before he left for a month. It finally worked the week before she was due. Lol.
    xCallistox

Answer by xCallistox at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• a good book
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My OB stripped my membranes and I had the baby the next night. If you are comfortable with that talk to him about it at your next appointment.

another trick I've heard of, but didn't work for me is to do the "Leave it To Beaver" walk, where you walk with one foot on the curb and one foot off. A lot of people told me to try that, but I felt too silly and ti just didn't seem to work in my case.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009