what type of finger foods do you think are best for a 7mth old

this is my 3rd child and he is doing everything slower then my other 2 boys ( he was a preemie) he is just trying to sit up alone and does well in his high chair, no teeth yet. my other 2 are much older ( 16 & 21 ) so its been awhile for me.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was never without graham crackers with my son... I honestly don't remember much of anything else he ate at that age, he ate them so often.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We didn't really get into solid finger foods until around 10 months. If you really think he is ready though, try soft things. Like bananas or room temp cheeses.
    mama-in-love

Answer by mama-in-love at 11:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• bananas, avocados, really ripe pears. graham crackers, cheerios, those Gerber puffs. I fed my daughter strips of toast that she would kind of suck on until they melted in her mouth. But I wouldn't rush it if he's not ready.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Gerber puffs and biter biscuits and zwieback toast and there yogurt! They are all soft and dissolve.
    Augustmommyof2

Answer by Augustmommyof2 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine's just turning 7 months but isn't even close to ready for anything solid. On my doc's recommendation I tried a teething biscuit, but she kept breaking off pieces and it was going to give me a heart attack. My first daughter was a lot better with the purees at this point, and I think she was eating soft cheese, bites of avocado, and cheerios around 8 months.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my daughter looooove the gerber puffs and zweiback toast at that age. also try soft cheese and bananas.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 4:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009