Why do people feel the need to post Anonymously in this section?

Just curious!

Eilish

Asked by Eilish at 11:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Some people feel that what they post might be controversial and want answers but don't want flames in their personal inboxes.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• because they don't want to take responsibility for their words.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Let me tell ya, I have done plenty of bashing on the anon's. And then I had friends to explain to me why they do it and ONLY post anon and it is ok with me. After yesterday with a completely crazy lunatic sending me threatening posts, yes, I can agree that there is nothing wrong with posting anonymously.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We have the option and it is a personal choice. And i agree with the pp. Some people might not like an others answer and have the need to backlash at them, which is wrong because we all have our personal opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ohhh, akin, what was the lunatic beating up on you for yesterday?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Because of the unbelievable amount of bashing that goes on, because of the ignorance and intolerance shown by some people, because of the name-calling and generalizing, because it's not unusual to get "hate mail" in private messages from people who disagree with a post. All of this is sad, but unfortunately true :( And I think it goes on in ALL forums, not just the political one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Why does someone feel the need to ask this question almost everyday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Because I believe that my words are accountable to God and God alone and He already knows who I am so I have no need to publicize it on here. I use my words, and my actions, to honor Him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I always post anon, because of all of the reasons annon 11:48 stated. I've seen all the name calling and no thank you, i do not wish to have my inbox filled with hate mail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

I respectfully disagree with that statement samurai.   I totally agree with 11:48 anon & akin.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009