I met a guy named Jesus Zeus and another named Christ... yes, there real names...

Now, here's my issue. I am pagan. But I hold a great respect for all religions and see naming your child Christ as disrespectful... Not to mention all the hell he has to grow up with... And Jesus Zeus, is a bit much. That's like saying " I don't know what religion is right so I'll just cover my ass and go with both..." Again, to me it seems like disrespect... What do you all think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It doesn't matter to me but I have met a Heaven and a Shadrack.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When someone is named jesus {ge-zus) its supposed to be pronounced {hay-soos}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Jesus- pronounced (HAY-SOOS) is a somewhat common name in Mexico and Spanish speaking countries. I think it is a form of Joseph.

But I think it is disrespectful to actually name your child "Jesus" or "Christ" naming them after Jesus Christ. those poor kids will be TEASED!

I know a few dogs named Zeus, LOL.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have never liked it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yeah, it is disrespectful IMO.

I have met 2 people named Jesus ( not 'hay-soos') and thought how I would never do that. For me, it has nothing to do with teasing, it has to do with respect of other beliefs.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had a cat named Zeus once. But I don't like it when people name their children Jesus...no matter how you pronounce it. I think it's way too much to live up to. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• if you think that Jesus's name was NOT pronounced (HAY-SOOS) you really are a sheep.....BAA
    also JESUS WASNT A WHITE MAN!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Actually Jesus' name was Yeshua so no, it was not pronounced 'hay-soos' at all.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The "J" in Hebrew was pronounced like a "Y"
    like in YAHWEH- which is where the English Jehovah comes from.

(W and Vs were the same, too)

I would think the Hebrew pronunciation would be something like ; 'Yeh-SUS" maybe.
    Interesting. something to thing about. Mayybe I'll do some Hebrew Research..

Anonymous

• I didn't say his name was Jes`us... It's Jesus... As in Christ...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009