What age are twins ready for toddler beds?

1plustwinsmommy

Asked by 1plustwinsmommy at 11:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i guess when anyother toddler is ready. when they are climbing out of their crib...or if like my first never started that, you just have to know if you think they are ready. do they go to bed easy? do they n ot like being in their crib? both mine are in toddler beds now and its been great.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter is 20 months and we just put her in a big girl bed (twin bed) and after about a week she stayed in bed no problems. We did have to keep putting her back in the bed for a few days, until she got the hang of staying put.
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Like everything about raising a child - and I do mean EVERYTHING - there is no "best age". Some say when a baby starts to climb out, some say find a way to stop the climbing. Once a child i s in abed, they have no boundaries, nothing to kieep thm in bed during naps or in the middle of the night. Falling while climbing can lead to injuries. So can playing in the kitchen at 2am. You have to weigh YOUR child's maturity level and decide when you want to run the increased risk and give him that freedom. For me, that is 33 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i moved my daughter to a toddler bed for her first birthday, we put a baby gate in her door way so she could not come out of her room after it was bed time it only took a week or two until she stayed in her bed and went to bed...
    Kaili_BugsMommy

Answer by Kaili_BugsMommy at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine's 22 months and still loves her crib. We'll keep her there until her little sister absolutely needs the crib. She doesn't climb out I think because she still loves sleeping in a large sleep sack. Maybe when the weather gets warm and she's not in that, she'll try to climb out and then we'll move her. I like leaving things the way they are if they work, unless there's a real reason to change them.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009