How to be a team with your husband and being consistent with the your children/

I have a problem with my husband and having being consistent. He is the good guy and i am the bad guy. His family is brought up on the children running around and sceaming at all functions. I was brought up to respect people and play in the rooms not like crazy kids. What can I say to make my husband understand that, or am I wrong to want my children to behave, expecially in public. I don't believe in when we go to a store and not disapling my children because if I do they will scream and make a sceen. I will count to three and I get to three, and then I either with take her to the car or take her to the bathroom. I am old school and believe in spankings but they do not bother my three year old. Or maybe they are not that hard. I believe in scaring them with spankins not hurting them. When I put her in a corner, she never sits there she has to define me and move two feet away. What should I do?

littlered29

Asked by littlered29 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Kids can be kids, but there is a time and place for everything. You are the mom you have to teach them respect, manners. You are not wrong. My husband family was the same. I did put my foot down. I would just say my kids come first and they need to learn respect and manners. Only let them lose at his parents.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Buster and put her back... The like to test us... Im also a spanker, but im the good guy and daddy is the bad guy.. But ive got my bluff in with my two.. THEY know "the look of mama".. LOL hey it works..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009