Ever had your car stolen?

My husband's car was stolen last night! I am so mad! We've only had it a month! AUGH!!! Have you ever had your car stolen? What happened? Did the police find it?

Why cant these jackasses buy a car like everybody else!?!

lisa89j

Asked by lisa89j at 12:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• once we boxed them in to give the cops a chance to catch up to where we were which didn't last long because they wanted to continue on their way so we had no other choice but to let them go but we continued to follow them. I'm on the phone rattling off street name after street name and the cops are trying to find where we are so finally after about 15 mins (seemed like FOREVER) we see a cop car whiz by us and he sees me franticly pointing at our car in front of us and does some move where he cuts the driver of our van off. The next thing I knew 6 other cop cars show up all with their lights on and the police have weapons drawn ordering the guys in our car to get out. I jump out of my mum's car yelling "Those N***a's stole my van" I'm black I get to say stuff like that! HAHAHA I look up in the sky and there's a chopper over head and all of a sudden 3 count 'em 3 high school punks get out of our van. Now only one had...
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, I haven't and I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope the police find it and arrest the jerk that did it. So sorry.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Someone broke into my car, stole my MP3 player (graduation present from my grandma). They left the passenger door wide open! I woke up from a nap, went outside, and saw my MP3 player was gone. I'm glad I didn't keep money or my purse in there! Sorry to hear about your car! How did it happen?

epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I just wrote a journal on this.
    I've had my car stolen twice (different cars).
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, but it happened to my college roomate. They were actually held at gun point for it. The cops found it later, the creeps had abandoned it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My step dads truck was stolen because he's a jackass and left it unlocked and running while he went in to Dunkin Donuts to grab a coffee. Yes it was found, they usually always abandon them. But if you had any thing valuable in there, it's probably not in there any more!!!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Someone used a jimmy because there was no broken glass. It was locked (for sure...my husband is really diligent about locking our cars). They cracked the plastic part from around the ignition (they left that on the ground beside where the car had been). My neighbor said she heard the car running but figured it was my husband leaving for work (he leaves very very early; around 3:15 - 3:30 am usually) so she didnt get up to look. I didnt hear a thing! I went to bed around 1:30, so it was a pretty narrow time frame when the got it.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh & I know for certain it was out there at 11:30 because I was coming back from the store with my teenage son.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yep! My husband's car was stolen from the parking lot at the apartment we used to live in. They jacked up the steering column. Friends of ours found it a few hours later, abondoned on a back road about a mile from our apartment. Unfortunately, whoever took it beat the crap out of it before they left it. Every window and light was broken, they had tried to set they fron seat on fire (but failed), and it had too many dents to count.
    When we called the police back to tell them that we had found it and what condition it was in, the police said they'd meet us there to finish filing the report. They also called a tow company, then IMPOUNDED it until they could get everything they might need for evidence. They called us four days later, saying that they had released the car and that we could pick it up. We had such a difficult time trying to get it back! ---con't---
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 1:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ---con't form above---
    It had to be my hubby who picked it up, since it was titled in his name. But with his work schedule, it was another 4 days before he could make it there while they were still open. So...they were going to charge us for the tow (which was about 25 miles away!!!), then for 8 days of "storage", even though 4 of those were not at all our fault (thanks, PA state police!). My husband ended up signing the title over to them to junk the car, since it wouldn't have been worth the fees and then paying have it towed back home, and then repairing it.
    And, to top it off, they never did find whoever took it!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 1:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009