No Clue???

I have been ttc since Oct.-I didn't have AF until Jan. and it was back on track like normal. When Feb. came I didn't get AF. Took two tests within 3 weeks of eachother and both were neg-now in March I started on March 21st but it was only the brownish stuff (sorry if it's TMI) for like almost 4 days and now just a very light red and brown and it's still going? I have never had it last this long? Anyone else been throught this? I know it's not a miscarriage I have been through that before. I am wondering if it's because I skipped AF those months and my body is just trying to I guess cleanse itself out? Any advice or answers are appreciated :)

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to your OB/GYN. If you are having extremely long cycles you may not be ovulating, and if you are it is erratic and difficult to predict. Discuss Clomid with your dr. They may give you progesterone to start your cycle and make you menstrated. Then you would take the Clomid to menstrate and use ovulation predictor sticks. When you approach ovulation, that is when you try to conceive. It sounds like you're having a period, albeit a funky one.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 12:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You could also be experiencing anovulatory bleeding, which is different from menstral bleeding but still semi-normal, meaning you did not ovulate that month but still need to shed the lining that has built up in your uterus. Also, alot of women will ovulate super late in their cycle, due to stress and/or big life changes. The body knows when is a good time to get pregnant or not, so it can just magically postpone ovulate for as long as it wants! Amazing, I think. Some women will have over 40 day cycles, thinking they are pregnant when their body is just waiting to ovulate! the brownish blood is just "old" blood..the first day of your period is when the blood is red and flowing. I would analyze the stress you have been through for the last month and try relaxing. I also suggest starting to temp yourself in the mornings. If you take your basal body temperature, you will can know everything going on with all your lady parts!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• In other words, read "taking charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009