How do I get my teenage daughter to know I mean business when it comes to grades and helping out around the house?

thomasmom4

Asked by thomasmom4 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Everything is cause and effect....action and reaction. You're the parent. If she doesn't do what's told, she does not receive.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• When it come to grades or chores..Stop giving/buying her things she likes or wants. Take a way her cell phone. her, TV , her computer, her stereo, her car. She will get the idea. And do not give in.

Answer by louise2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Tough Love! You have to say what you mean & mean what you say. & eventually your teen will get it. Good Luck
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 3:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Bad Grades = You lose everything!!! My 14 yr old has lost access to the computer, phone, TV, and a few other things. Her grades were HORRIBLE!!
    Anonymous

• If the grades are a result of too many choices at home, then eliminate the choices. Just make sure they are bad because she is not working and not because she is not understanding and by extention not able to do the homework. I hate to see kids punished because they would do the work if they knew how. As far as the chores go, when did they become a choice. You do chores PERIOD. If you don't, you don't play. If you want to take all day being moody about having to do the chores, well, fine. Mope all you want, but the chores get done regardless. Do them quickly and you get to go play.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009