Are you a wedding planner?

And how did you become one? Do you need to be certified? I've worked as an assistance with so many weddings, and have been out of work for a while we my new baby, but I want to get back in to it with my own business. I can't ask the wedding planner I used to work for because she won't be pleased with the competition (she's kind of a witch).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am a certified wedding planner, although I am currently not working as one. I am working with Ameriplan at the moment but would like to buy a building and start a low cost wedding one stop shop type of business in a few years. Right now I need a business that is going to pay TODAY...

It varies from state to state as to weather you need certification, but it's always good to have. My schooling cost me about $1200 and was well worth it. I did all my training at home but you can occationally find actuall classes for it in some schools...

It's really a slow go in the begining because you don't have a "name" but once you do, you can earn good money.

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009