Were you able to keep your house somewhat clean after having the baby?

or how long after would you say you got back to your daily chore routine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My house was spotless after having my son. Once he was able to walk, that is when my house started to look like a tornado had gone through it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I definitely let the house work go during the recovery period. I eased myself back into the chore routine after I stopped bleeding. Even then, I definitely lowered my standards for the first several months until I was getting more sleep. Something had to give, and housework was one of the priorities I moved down a couple of notches. I still kept it clean, but not as spotless as it is when I'm not functioning on 4 hrs of sleep.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lmfao I'm almost 6 months pp and still can't get it. It's not bad, but it's not as clean as I'd like.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm with arisce, it's been 6 months and i'm finally getting the hang of juggling everything, but still not as clean as it was when i was preggo
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree during the recovery period I let the housework take third on my priority list. First priority was my baby and second was my healing. Thank God, we have a 9 year old daughter who was able to help me with a few things and my husband as well. But I just had to learn that for awhile the house wasn't going to be spotless like before and I learned not to let things bother me as much. YOu learn to choose your headaches, lol. Now that my son is 8months old I've learned to utilize every chance I get to do things around the house and even for myself. It's a learning process but it'll come.
    JPS07

Answer by JPS07 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• right after my dd daughter was born i let the housework go just a bit while i healed. i mean the house wasnt a wreck but it was nowhere as clean as it once was. now that she id 16 months ive got it down to a science and my house is back to its clean self.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well kudos to Jeremysmom. I couldn't even get the dishwasher loaded for about 6 weeks, but I had an emergency c-section, ppd and a colicky baby who nursed one hour on, one hour off. Then she would only take 30 minute naps for the next 6 months so that was hard. Once she started crawling, we decided we HAD to wash the floors once a week so I made this chore schedule and crossed things off one by one. It's hard in the beginning... you're exhausted, you want to be with your baby, you've got hormones all over the place. It will get better.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• wow you guys are super moms!! haha my son is 9 1/2 months and i still cant get it... i work full time during the day, and daddy works nights, and i would rather play with my son then do housework everyday. and by the end of the day when my son goes to sleep im ready for bed too. so the SO and i tag team the house and the baby on the weekends! my mom has something on her fridge that says
    "the cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow, cause babies grow up we learn from our sorrows"
    if you can do it all, i give you kuddos, but i cant!!!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My house looked better than it ever had! Of course thats because my mom came over everyday and cleaned it for me. LOL! Now that she isnt here its gone back to looking like a tornado hit it. I figure it is more important to spend time with the little ones right now. The cleaning will always be there for later.
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 5:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009