Ear infection

I'm pretty sure I have an ear infection in both ears. Even my jaw hurts. My ears feel submerged in water. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and dont go back to doctor till Friday. Nething I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Garlic oil in your ears, vit. C, echinacea. (unless you are allergic). The garlic oil kills infections, the vit. C and echinacea will boost your immune system and help fight off the infection.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would at least call your dr and see what they say. The previous poster said echniacea, but I have heard that you are supposed to stay away from that while your prego. My pharmacist is actually the one that told me that.
    Anonymous

• echinacea is safe, goldenseal is contraindicated. I was told this by a naturopath, and an herbalist. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would like to add, that you can always call your doctor. There is no need to take advice from someone online. I was merely saying what I would do. I do not go to the doctor for most things, and use herbs and just household remedies for everything. So while I give you my advice, you are not expected to follow it! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Went to doctor, they gave me some antibiotics. So hopefully that'll work. Thanks for advice!
    Anonymous