Do you think its myth or truth

eating spicy foods can induce labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Myth,,it will give you heartbern, that's all.

Answer by louise2 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Myth. I think you will start labor when your baby is ready.
    Anonymous

• Myth.. It hurts with the heart burn...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Myth. I eat spicy foods all the time, it does nothing: not even heartburn! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• myth
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't know, I guess its different for everyone, Nothing works for every single person, My cousin tried everything from castor oil to Gold Star to induce labor, and nothing worked. I however heard that having intercourse etc would induce so I cohersed my man into bed and at 6 am the next morning my water broke, I think alot of it has to do with how much stress it puts the baby under, IF the baby feels it can't handle it or its uncomfortable baby says screw it I am ready to go, But When baby wants to stay ...baby is gonna stay
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It is true that it can give you indigestion, and it's also true that sometimes abdominal cramping (which are muscle contractions of your abdominal muscles) can stimulate labor contractions. But it's not going to work unless you are ready to go. My first labor did start after I downed a couple chili dogs at the fair.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ha! Myth...totally not true...wont work for me -_-
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• "I however heard that having intercourse etc would induce so I cohersed my man into bed and at 6 am the next morning my water broke, I think alot of it has to do with how much stress it puts the baby under, IF the baby feels it can't handle it or its uncomfortable baby says screw it I am ready to go, But When baby wants to stay ...baby is gonna stay"

The sperm is the primary "motivator" in sex as a labor starter.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• myth. i ate spicy foods the whole time i was pregnant and all i got was heartburn.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009