Did you get married in a wedding gown; if not what color was your dress?

Went to justice of the peace, wore red dress

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We went to the JP but we thought we were only getting the license that day, not actually getting married. I guess we were just silly. I think he had on a t-shirt and sweatpants and I had on a t-shirt and jeans. And I had to go to work a couple hours after we got married! It was a wonderful day, but it definetely wasn't how I would have wanted it...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I wore an off white wedding gown, in a church. If I were doing it over again, I'd go simpler. A simple dress in my parents yard with a big barbeque and bonfire. But at 20, I wanted the big wedding.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My dress was white and lavender, but it was a traditional wedding dress. It had a lavender bodice and a big white princess skirt.
    My family was scandalized but I didn't care, I felt Beautiful!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I wore a bright white wedding dress but I tried on an ivory colored dress and fell in love with it...not so much the price though ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My wedding gown was white, but had burgundy/red in it and matched the bridesmaid's dresses.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had a "Candlelight" white ballgown with a beaded bodice. I loved it. We got married in a church. (pictures of my gown are in my albums section in my profile).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• this being my last marriage (the first I wore off white suit and it was small intimate affair) we invited a ton of our friends--one of whom performed the ceremony--we wore denim, had barbeque, a country band, served margaritas--told my friends no gifts--we had it all lol--so they all went and bought themselves new toasters--gave us their old ones complete with crumbs--nicely wrapped tho. It was a grand time--I think what you wear to get married in is totally up to the bride and groom--not anyone else--
    lukee

Answer by lukee at 1:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I wore a pale yellow dress. It was a formal dress, but we were married in his parents' backyard. It was wonderful, and I felt beautiful.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 1:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• im actually going to be wearing his moms dress altered though...its white and becoming simpler...lol with the changes im making on it. were having a backyard wedding with a justice of the peace
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, my mom got it for me and it was off-white.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009