How can I have room for my daughter?

My hubby and I are currently living with his mom and gma and we are trying to move out but cant get help from the government and cant find a good affordable place to rent with both of us working full time min. wage paying jobs....Our daughter will be here in July and there isnt even room for us, much less a newborn too!!

This is my first child so I really wanted to be out on our own, where I could put her nursery together before she got here, its taking all of my fun away!

heatherprince

Asked by heatherprince at 1:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I know how you feel. I was living in a house with 6 other adults and 2 children with one bath. i really wanted my own place. some drama happened 2 wks before my due date and we moved out to my moms house, were we set up a nurcery area in the formal living room...just plain open space. anyway...we were apartment searching and happned to find a section 8 apartment complex with us being on a limited income this complex goes based off that, we got a really low monthly rate and are about to sign our 3rd year lease. so keep looking, you may just havnt stumpled upon it ...my step sister was actually the one who found this place :)
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Do you have a section of a room that can be just for her? If theres no extra rooms, then just use the corner of your room for her. Make sure its not next to the window and make sure its not too noisy. She will be just fine. Babies don't need all that much space. Yeah, min wage jobs are not enough to support yourselves and a baby. Stuff is way too expensive. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No we dont have a section in the room we are already in the corner of the den which is the only place they had for us.....we had to move to oklahoma from texas b/c my hubby got laid off...
    heatherprince

Answer by heatherprince at 1:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well hun, you cant afford to move out on both your incomes. HOw are you gonna do it when you have the baby and its just him working? Have you looked at low income housing? Getting state assistance after the baby is born?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i know he is supposed to be getting another job this week, 2 places told him that they would call him and he would prob. have the job but we will see...
    heatherprince

Answer by heatherprince at 1:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• How big is your closet?

Okay, sounds really weird, I know, but a friend of mine has a HUGE walk - in - twice the size of a normal one. She put the baby bed in there with some decorations. They use a wardrobe for their clothes.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• we dont have one our clothes are piled around us on the floor
    heatherprince

Answer by heatherprince at 2:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I know its tough, but you may have to look at just doing a basinette until you can get a place of your own. You can even get a co-sleeper if your bed is big enough for the 3 of you. It's not the ideal situation, but you have to work with what you have and not let it get you down too much. I know, I've gone through it. I shared a bedroom in my grandmas house when my oldest son was born and he and I were in that room for the first six weeks of his life, til we moved to a hotel room where my hubby was doing his schooling for the Air Force. We made it through, though he slept in a basinette cause that's all that would fit in the room.

http://www.amazon.com/Arms-Reach-Mini-Co-Sleeper-Bassinet/dp/B000HKY1GM

They are a bit expensive but it's a good option, if you can find one at an affordable price.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Why would you plan a family and not housing first? The goverment and tax payers shouldn't have to pay for your family because of poor planning on your part.
    Anonymous

• im going with anon6:01..........

why would you bring a child into the world if you cant even get a decent paying job and your own place.. SELFISH!
    Anonymous