Parakeet question!

Ok, I know almost nothing about birds! My husband got 2 parakeets, they are chirpy and pretty, but I get stuck feeding, watering and cleaning their cage. Lately they have been knocking their water holder off 2 and 3 times a day. I was watching them to see what they're doing, and here they jump down in it and give themselves a bath! My question is this: Should I put a larger container of water in there for them to play in? Thanks for helping!

4kidsandadog

Asked by 4kidsandadog at 1:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, a larger stone or ceramic bowl (one they can't tip over) is great to put on the bottom of the cage for them to play in. If you don't already have a splash guard around the cage, it is a good idea to get one to keep the mess to a minimum, although birds are very messy critters...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you for answering me! They are right now enjoying their bath! Our local pet store sucks! They have nothing for birds! I am going to search on Ebay for some new stuff for them!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009