What are your thoughts on how practical pack n' plays & changing tables are??

Are pack n' plays with the bassinet easier when the baby is first born and can have it in your room for accessibility of feeding/changing??

Is it worth investing in a pack n' play and changing table?

StellaNicole09

Asked by StellaNicole09 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I liked having mine. I wanted to use it in the bedroom and living room but it didn't fit through the door w/o disassembling. But i used it quite a bit and it is great for vacations or long outtings. I actually found the changing table a bit useless. It's cold and at a slight angle so baby tended to slide to the side.
    Anonymous

• My son never like swings or rockers, the changing table was nice and I did use it alot, they also have changing mat that you can buy, some bags come with them, there nice for when your out.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I love my pack and play. Our 6 year old is a "later age" baby for us so we also have younger grandkids. We use it still. I didnt use the changing table very much as sitting on the bed was always easier for me. But the bassinet was used.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I use the pack n play with the changing table that came with it. I love them both.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter used the bassinet part only about 2mos before she stopped sleeping in it. I love the changing table part. It keeps me from running upstairs everytime I need to change her:). Now, if I need to put her somewhere safe, I stick her in the pack-n-play w/o the bassinet part and she will sit and play for a little while, so I can get something done. I would spend a little extra money and get a good one, I had a cheaper one and it broke after not a lot of use.
    triplets0718

Answer by triplets0718 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think pack n plays are awesome. I had one that broke and I went right out and got another... it is a stable for us, LOL
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I loved my pack n play. I never used the bassinet part of it though because I already had a bassinet that I was using. I liked the pack n play because it was great to use on over night trips in a motel or to take to someone house where he would be staying overnight.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Never ever used a pack and play. It's an unnecessary baby device, in my opinion. We have a changing table, and it works great as a book shelf now. We used it for a long time, and it was just extra storage, so I liked it a lot.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• oops, lol that was supposed to say staple not stable
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I never bought a separate changing table. I just put a changing pad on a dresser.

I am still using the pack and play. While we could use the changing part of it, we kept it downstairs to use as a second changing station. She didn't use the bassinet much, or the play pen, but we use it still when we travel as a portable crib (she's 2 now). We've definitely gotten our money's worth out of it that way. The more expensive ones bow out at the sides, which means that you'll get more use out of them as a crib as they get older, because there's a little bit more room. They are also just more stable.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009