Law & Order: SVU

Does being a mother affect your reaction to Law and Order: Speacial Victims Unit (or any other crime show)? Before I used to be a Law and Order junkie. I used to watch SVU like crazy, it was my favorite show. Now, being a mom, I cannot watch an episode without crying, especially if its one about children getting hurt. I use to view it as entertainment but now I just find every episode sick and distrubing. Anyone else notice that once you become a mom the way you watch certain shows or even the news you are more sensitive to the content? Especially if it regards children?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Entertainment

• Yeah I know how you feel! I'm so sensitive to anything child related.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• That is exactly why I stopped watching SVU. To see what could happen to a child is disgusting and I bawl my eyes out every time I watched an episode. I watch Criminal Intent now, and absolutley love that show.
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 1:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• not really. I loved the show before kids, and i love the show now. It dosen't affect me at all. I even wrote a 20 page paper on pedophiles for school last quarter. Just keeps me aware.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My ex used to do that if he does not get his way. My fiance is the opposite, he is so lay back and ature about things
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My ex used to do that if he does not get his way. My fiance is the opposite, he is so lay back and mature about things.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My boyfriend and I get really mad...especially if it's someone kidnapping/raping a kid. We always say that if someone ever did that to our son, we'd go kill them. lol. I hate thinking about that stuff. I used to watch SVU a lot, but I rarely do anymore.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Doesn't really bother me. Watch it more now than I did before. Actually, my son watches the crime shows with me. He love CSI!! He wants to be a CSI when he grows up. (He is almost 13).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh, I feel the exact same way. I have a physical reaction to it...I get knots in my stomach and everything when I see or hear anything about a child getting hurt.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009