formula?

The doctor said my week old should be having poopy diapers every day, but she goes a day and a half without pooping then when she does there is A LOT. Could it be her formula? Should I talk to her doctor about a soy formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whe she goes, is it hard or firm? I might let him know that shes is not going everyday but she is going regularly. I don't think he will want to switch to soy unless its really causing constipation, gas or shes throwing it up. For some reason, the docs like them to stay on milk based formula. Thats just been my experience.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my son sometimes goes a day and 1/2 without pooping and then leaves me a BIG ole present! I dont think there is anything wrong with it. He is not bothered by it. He is a very content baby
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It can be common for them not to go but every few days. As long as he is not uncomfortable it should be fine. Check with your doctor.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 2:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My DS had lots of poop issues :-) He usually poops now 1-2 times a day, or every other day. Soy constipated him BIG TIME (turns out he is intolerant), and I've heard that is more common with soy. As long as stools aren't like little hard rocks or look like "grown up" poop, all is ok. Sorry if TMI.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i wouldnt worry abou tthe pooping unless your LO is in pain! my son will poop sometimes 2xs a day and then go a day and 1/2 or 2 days without pooping. but think about it... dont you sometimes go a day without pooping... maybe thats just me!!! haha
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2009