Flying with a 4 month old

Ok, I have looked online and just need some helpful tips if you have flown with your baby. I will be flying from AZ to OK in July with my new baby who will be almost 4 months old then. I know you can bring a stroller on the plain and they will pack it away till you exit. My question is how many bags can I bring with me. I will be taking a carry on for me and will stuff as much baby items I can in it. Will also have a diaper bag and if I can get away with it will have a backpack for a purse and misc items. Anyone know if they will allow three bags? I know they will allow formula and baby items. Just want your experiences. I will be traveling alone with my baby on this flight.

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Travel

• check TSA.gov it will tell you what you can and can't take
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I just flew last week with my 6 month old. If you're taking formula make sure to put it in a zip lock clear bag. I would bring as little bags as you can. I just had a backpack. I put my purse in it. I brought about 10 diapers. However, I put 4 in a zip lock clear bag. I put wipes in a smaller zip lock bag and put those in the bag with the diapers. I had disposable changing pads and used 2-3 at each changing, and put those in the bag as well. And also my Bag balm. That way when you went to change him, all you had to do was take out the big zip lock bag and have everything right there. It made it a lot eaiser. I then had another zip lock in which I kept all his bottles and nipples and have an empty one for when you use them so you have a place for the dirty ones. I had 2 extra outfits for him. I know you can definitely have 2 carry on bags. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I am taking 2 planes from PA to Sd in July. I know you can take 1 bag per person carry on for free with United. Go to planes website to find out what items are allowed and how many carry on bags are free. Each plane/company is diffrent rules and fees. I asked a travel question recently and got alot of helpful inf. on how to entertain the baby during flight- check it out. Under travel. Good luck.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009