how strong is your love for your SO?

My grandma's husband (my grandfather) died in 1986 I believe. She is now 87 and once I asked her why she never remarried or dated. She said because she loved him so much that she never needed anyone else in her life, he gave her everything she could of ever wanted in a person. Do you truly believe the love you have your SO is like this? It such a wow thing to me, I'm trying to grasp the idea of it. What are your thoughts on love?

danni33

Asked by danni33 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • If there is no respect or little respect as best best friends well before sexual romance or hearts a flutter romance there's no love. Loves doesn't grow. It's there or it's not there.
    Anonymous

• I'll say that I believe it is possible but in this day and age, I don't think as many people take love and marriage seriously. I try not to think of my life without my husband. I truly love him and I don't think I could ever love anyone else as much as I love him. I don't think it would be fair for me to move on and marry someone else knowing I couldn't love them that much back.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Anon: I believe love can grow.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Anon:

Oh yes, love grows. It grows and grows so much that you wouldn't believe it sometimes.

I fell in love with my DH the first night we met face-to-face.

I loved him even more than that the day we married.

I loved him even more than THAT the day our son was born,

and I never thought it was possible, but I love him even more today.

He is the love of my life. I waited 29 years to find the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. I honestly don't think there will ever be another for me.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sure love grows. The more you choose to love, the more it grows. My dh and I have been married almost 14 yrs. I don't believe that either of us will ever want anyone else and certainly never need anyone else. We have all we need in one another, but remember, we are choosing to be in this relationship and choosing to love. If you base your relationship on your feelings, then you will be disappointed because feelings change daily. If you know that you want to be there and make it work, then you just do it. You don't wait until you feel it. You choose to love first and then love grows and grows and grows and eventually, you cant live without the other person.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have been married to a wonderful man - the love of my life - for 14 years. Our love has also grown. He has my back and I have his. We have taken on each others dreams and made them our own. I truly do not even imagine I could ever marry someone else. I think I would always compare what I have now ,and that would not be fair in so many ways. When I married dh, divorce was not even an option for me - it still is not.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 2:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• we have had this discussion and found out that exactly how we feel. My SO even said he thought he'd be dead with in 3 years if I died now. I am 36 and he is 47. I dont know that I'd die within a certain time frame but I wold never be able to marry again. My heart and soul lives in him and when he goes they go with him. I would never want to give that to another and then get to heaven and see one of them heartbroken. I believe you have one and only one TRUE love in your life and my husband to be is truly mine!
    onemoretime904

Answer by onemoretime904 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't want to try living with someone else. My husband and I work so well together i can't imagine finding the same level of comfort and love with anyone else. I don't want to think of what may happen if I lost him.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I love my SO with all my heart. I can't imagine my world without him. I have no idea what I would do if I lost him. I don't think about things like that. Only the wonderful things I do have.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My SO and me are kinda on a trial period kinda thing..... My daughter has 2 more months of school and if we both do not agree that things have really improved we are calling it quits after almost 5 years if they have then we agreed to set a wedding date and stick to it!! Its a do or die situation!! i have threatend to leave before and attemped to leave but I have never fallowed through, but this time no matter what if we havent made a HUGE attempt to change things and things arent any better then im leaving and thats that!! But I think about the what if I have to leave everyday!! And it sends me into panic attack, I dont know if I could ever move on and have a relationship with someone else I know that im always going to be in love with him and thinking about living without him makes me feel like death would be an easier choice!! im praying that things work out and we can spend our lives together cause I wont have much w/o him
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009