How do stay happy during pregnancy?

I have a TON of negativity from everyone around me, my babys daddy wont talk to me, my church shuned me because Im pregnant with a baby before I was maried, my sister threatening me, and people just generally being negative around me. How do I try to stay happy. If this keeps going Im scared Im gonna have a misscarage because of this!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Find another church. There are PLENTY of churches that will take you and your baby in. People make mistakes, God forgives. They know that. The church is the one that is wrong. Not you. Don't talk to your sister, you don't need her anyways. Call child support early and have your whole case and EVERYTHING set up BEFORE the baby is born, that way it's less of a hassle then. It'll be the easiest way to get child support. Everything will be just fine. I went through some of the same things plus more with my first baby, at SEVENTEEN. I'm sure you aren't that young, and even if you are, I can probably relate to you either way. I'm up for talking all the time and I'm on here a lot. Good luck and feel free to message me. Oh and btw. If your sister is threatening you, get it on tape, or if you can't call the police and file a report, that way if anything DOES happen, you have it on file. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 1. leave that church find another. 2. block your bf from your life or pay up with respect and money or money later. 3. block your sister. Do what YOU gotta do respectfully to take care of that baby. it needs you mama!!!
    Anonymous

• Just stay calm and don't care about what other people say about you. You and your baby are the only ones that count. I know how you feel with the church, kind of. I was never shunned or anything, but my friend, the pastors daughter, stopped talking to me because I got married to a guy that wasn't a christian. And at church, things like when I have a sleeveless shirt on, showing my tattoo, I always get weird looks from everyone. Being pregnant while you are getting all this stress is a little more difficult because stress is bad for you and the baby, so just try to stay calm. try to spend time each day just relaxing and keeping you mind off all your stress. It also helps to talk about it. I would love you talk to you about it if you like :) feel free to message me any time!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree.
    Find a new church, take a break from your sister, and surround yourself with anything and everyone positive! Do things you liek to do. In my subdivision we have a moms playgroup every week and I am so surprised how supportive and friendly everyone is. Try to find something like that in your area. Good Luck...if you need a shoulder count on me! Just send me a message. : ) Stay positive for you and your baby!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Im not that young but Im 19 lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was 15, I had alot of neg remarks too, find another church, only God can judge you not the church, a baby is a blessing wether people like it or not your going to have it and if there too closed minded to except the gift screw them!!!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with everybody. If your church wouldn't accept you, it's not right for you! Maybe you can find one with a support group for moms like you. Check into the groups on here and see if you can find one with local moms in your area. You can make new friends and know that people support you-without the boyfriend or sister. It will drive them crazy to see you happy and doing so well!
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009