2 year olds b-day party at the park; food ideas needed

DH wants me to bar-be-que at our daughter's b-day party. I am wanting to enjoy the party and not spend the entire time cooking for his family.

Any suggestions for party food that can be made in advance and eaten at the park?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A taco bar might also be something to consider. It would be easy to do as well

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• pb & j's, hot dogs, pizza

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• go to betty they have awsome recipies and super sute ideas I bought a betty crocker kids cook book online it wasnt just cakes either and I used it alot when I was a nannie and they loved it so check out that site its great!

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i had my dd's 2nd bday at a park. we took a crock pot full of hotdogs and some water & plugged it in at the pavilion where the party was. It worked great.

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• OP - - - - - - -Oh, I should have clarified that she has not been introduced to peanuts or hot dogs. She also does not like sweets.

• why no hotdogs? it's not going to hurt her

• Pigs in a blanket, hot dogs, burgers on the grill, pizza, chicken nuggets, sandwiches (we like pimento cheese and ham for under 3's) . . .

Sides: Potato salad or pasta salad from the deli, chips . . .

The easier the better, I say!

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• sub sandwiches pre-made, make your own, or have the guests make their own and provide the things, pasta salads, fruit salad, veggie/relish tray, pumpernickle bread and spinach dip, cheese tray, cracker tray, desert trays, hot dogs in a crock pot, mashed potatoes in the crock pot, lots of things in the crock pot, hope this helped =]

Answer by mommykayti at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Hot dogs are a major choking hazard and the chemicals and nitrates found in them are very unhealthy and potentially harmful

• if you supervise your child while they eat, then they shouldn't choke, use some common sense...
    if the chemicals & crap in hotdogs were going to kill us, we'd all be dead cuz you know your mama gave them to you when you were a kid.. geeze relax