Has anyone else done this?

I have a dachshund. She's my baby!! She's turning 8 this year, but last year.. I gave her a birthday party.. It was on the backporch so no one could see it, and in a way.. I felt stupid, but I had little streamers up, and I bought litle gift bags to put her toys in, and put bologna in the bottom of the bags so she would peak her head in there, and look like she was getting her gifts. haha.. It was cute.. And i bought her a cake and bought the other dogs there cupcakes.. haha.. Has anyone EVER done this? Or am I just CRAZY??! By the way.. I'm dying to be a mom.. I cannot get pregnant, so that might have something to do with it, but even so.. haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• lol thats cute! I have never done that myself but I work in the pet industry and you would be surprised how many people do that!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I haven't. My husband may think I am CRAZY though! : )
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I totally give my dogs birthday parties! I think they are so fun! I bake cakes for a living and I make them a carrot garlic cake with carob chocolate frosting and they all love it! I try to invite people over and I make us a cake too and let them bring their doggies too! I made hats for them all one year so I dont think that your crazy at all!! I love throwing my puppies partys!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've never done it, but it's funny.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• never have and probably never will. it sounds expensive. we were to frugal to go to that extent. we just provide the basics of shots and feeding and well being. no extra perks they just don't get.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had a First Birthday party for my corgi, but not to the extent of yours. We stuck christmas bows on his new toys and other gifts. Stuck one on top of his head and gave him a "people" cupcake with one birthday candle on it and lit the candle and took pictures. That was all, but we enjoyed doing it! My husband says I'm turning into a crazy old lady, but he loves our Tucker too, and he enjoyed doing it as much as I did.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I always do something special for birthdays. Last year we had a little party for my Boxer for his 1st birthday. I made him a little cake and put a candle in it and took pictures of him waiting to have some with his party hat on. We also bought and wrapped gifts for him. This year we didn't do a party because we had a lot of stuff going on, but I took him out for a long walk and made him a special dinner. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I know a lot of people who give their dogs birthday partys, some even send out invitations to other dogs (yes it came in the mail addressed to my dogs). But I haven't done anything more then sing happy birthday to them and give them an extra treat.
    vballaj

Answer by vballaj at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• your not crazy I don't do this for my dogs.but Imake my dog homemade treats. one time i was to tired to make them cookies and i bought store ones and they looked at me like i was punishing them lol! needless to say i baked cookies for them that night. I am trying to get preggo and having a hard time of it so my dogs are my babies they are slightly spoiled
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 7:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009