Is there any one RIGHT denomination? - Another thought provoker ;-)

I notice a lot of debate among Christians in regards to beliefs - many of which are based around church doctrine. For example, I know that the Methodist and the Church of Christ are more tolerant of homosexuality in the church than say, a Baptist or an Pentecostal church (this is fact, it is in the Methodist book of doctrine, and I have a gay friend that is a Church of Christ minister).

I also know that some denominations (i.e. Pentecostal, Assembly of God . . . ) believe in speaking in tongues and being "slain in the spirit".

Then there are the Christian Unitarian, Jews for Jesus, Seventh Day Advent, Mormons and Jehovah's witness churches that are all still "Christian" (they believe in and accept Christ as their savior) but don't adhere to most "standard" church doctrine beliefs and practices.

So, in your opinion, is there any one RIGHT doctrine and/or denomination?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pastafarianism by far. Ok really no. There is no one right religion. Religion was made by man. All religions have flaws. The true path is based on spirituality and your personal relationship with the divine or the universe or whatever you believe it to be. It is not found within man's laws.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You know everyone is just going to say that their's is the right one.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I truly believe that if you aren't teaching from the bible, you are a false teacher.

I don't believe that to be "saved" you should speak in tongues. I don't believe that to be "saved" you have to be baptised. I go by the Bible...that's how I determine what is right for me and my family.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don;t think any one religion is "right." Every religion was founded by a person who had their own beliefs. It's not about what the bible says for most of them, it's about how it is interprated. And that is why I don't go to church. I have a set of beliefs that don't fit with any other religion around where I live. So, to avoid being told I am wrong, or bitting my tongue off, I just sit at home and pratice my beliefs here. I do, however, tolerate other religions. I don't tell someone they are wrong or evil for the way they believe. I just agree to disagree and move on.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Answered at 12:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 by: spiritguide_23
    " . . . And that is why I don't go to church. I have a set of beliefs that don't fit with any other religion around where I live. So, to avoid being told I am wrong, or bitting my tongue off, I just sit at home and pratice my beliefs here. . ."
    -Ashley

I am exactly the same way.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Answered at 12:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 by: Marwill
    You know everyone is just going to say that their's is the right one.

LOL, that's very possible.
    I'm just really curious what everyone thinks.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Honestly, No. I do not think there is any one right denomination. I go to the church where I feel most comfortable with the people and the sermons and the teachings. Do I think my church has it all right? No. There are still things I disagree with in my church. (I'm Seventh-Day Adventist). After a lot of study of the Bible and how it has been translated into what we refer to now as the Bible there are a few points I disagree with my church on. But I still go. Why? Because my fellow church members are good people who are strong in their beliefs and strong in their faith and nice and friendly and that is my home. That is where I feel comfortable. But I still disagree with some of the stances of the church. Sorry, that was an "all over the place" response. I am not thinking very well today. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, there is no one right religion, only whats right for the individual.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The true path is based on spirituality and your personal relationship with the divine or the universe or whatever you believe it to be. It is not found within man's laws.

^^^^
    Just ignore my previous response. LOL I like this answer.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Pastafarianism by far.

Is that the one where they worship the big macaroni head of Bob Marly while smoking a big bong?  ;-)

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009