I am 11 and a hlaf weeks prego. I had a drs appt today and a pap. They got a good strong hb on the baby and my crevix looked closed and good, but i got home and had some spotting.. is this normals from a pap or should i be worried?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah thats normal... Im shocked that the DR didnt tell you to watch for that and not to worry.. My Dr tells me every time to not be worried if im spotting after a pap.. its normal! Congrats!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Often times the cervix gets bruised a little during the exam and causes light spotting. Its nothing to worry about but if you see BRIGHT red and a lot of it call your doc or go to the er. I spot after every pap the joys of being a woman I guess
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• it's normal
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh yeah, completely normal from irritation of the cervix. It's usually dark colored. I spot after each exam and often after sex. Dr. still always says it's okay, some are just more irritable than others.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009