Why doesn't my dog like her dog house anymore?

She used to use it alot but lately she has been really picky. One day it was very cold so I put out a old sheet so she may lay on it. She used it with no problem but then I saw it outside her house so I placed it back then it rained I had to take it out bc it was soaked and smelly so then I put an old towel for her and she used it then she threw that out. She acts like she likes it at first then she doesn't I don't get what she wants.
Then at night she perfers to sleep on that stinky sheet rather than in her house.
What could have happened or change from before about her house?
Anyone gone through this with their dog?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• I did with cages just get one of your old T-shirts wear it for a day then put it in there with her your smell will help her be at ease in her bed.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• have you checked the house for hornets we had some nasty hornets move into a dog house once yikes
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Alysia Moore's answer is the one I would use. Good luck with this delimma. BUMP
    aqsgwama

Answer by aqsgwama at 4:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would clean the house really well with bleach and hot water (make sure all the bleach is rinsed clean) then put some cedar shavings in with a blanket on top. A bit more insulation and cushioning for her as well as the shavings will repel fleas and ticks. Of course ideally you would let her inside to sleep, or at least into the garage....
    Anonymous