What have you heard?

people say stupid stuff or ask ignorant questions to a pregnant woman...what have you heard? I hate the one where "you look like your going to pop."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was preg at 15 and when I was at the hospital to after I had my baby, we were talking to the main nurse about something and my mom mentioned that I played with the guys on the freshman football team in high school and the lady said under her breath well I see that.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I heard them all, all day, every day and I'd go home in tears. Not because it bothered me but because I felt harassed and exhausted from it. I worked in a facility with about 200 other employees. I was a pseudo-department head (on the same level as the department head, I just didn't have my own department) so I saw each and every one of these employees every single day and they couldn't talk about anything else but my pregnancy.

"You look like you're going to explode!" "Are you sure your due date is right?" "How many do you have in there?!" (I started responding "a litter of puppies") "You don't look like you're only X weeks!" "OMG you look SO tired!" "I know I just asked you 9 times this week but I'm not polite enough to remember; when is your due date again and what are you having?" "Well, I bet your husband is happy you're having a boy, maybe you'll get a girl next time" (no, I wanted a boy too, not just daddy).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• when are you going to have it? lol like its really known!
    Anonymous

• My BFF who is also a manager was 3 months behind me in her pregnancy. She used to get mad that people would comment on my pregnancy but not her's because she wasn't showing as much yet. She told me that people just want to be a part of things and they don't know any better or that you're hearing the same crap all day. I went on maternity leave and she did her last three months of pregnancy without me there. She'd call me and tell me all the time about how she couldn't take the comments anymore.

I told ya so!!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My mother in Law told me I had gained a fair amount of weight but that I was still thinner than the first time she met me... thanks.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• November, all of the above!! I was an active duty Marine during all 3 of my pregnancies, and my first two were under 12 months apart. My son was 1 1/2 yrs later. And I was a postal clerk so i was always in plain view of people. So I was ALWAYS asked the same thing every single day. I was always polite when talking/answering people, but in my head I was soooo being a bitch..lol My most favorite one was' arent you tired of being pregnant?' *in my head: NO JUST OF ALL YOU ASSES ASKING ME STUPID QUESTIONS!!!*Even after i had my last child. I was asked if I was sure I wasnt prego again? HOW RUDE! Just becasue I had my kids so close doesnt mean I am having one every 9 months. geez! Not saying I dont want more kids, but we cant afford anymore, and we arent on the same page with having more kids.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• do you know who the daddy is?
    Anonymous

• I hate when people assume im only 16, so what! I have a young looking face!!! and I also hate when people ask if the father left
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I always hated when people would come up and want to rub my belly. They don't ask they just come up and start rubbing. What the heck huh.
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My SO's parents have sent me a text everyday since about 2 weeks before the due date to ask when their grandbaby would be here. Now I understand this is there first grandbaby butt Im getting fed up with it, Im almost a week past due now!

Also my stuck up grandfather has asked a few times if my SO has taken off yet! My SO is more dedicated and so excited so I hate that comment.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009