baby food

My son is 6 1/2 months old and he has two teeth on the bottom and he has two teeth that are almost coming thru on the outer top. Right now, he eats 2s and 3s. Not a whole lot of 3s yet; I am slowly introducing them still. He mostly eats bananas, apples, peas, green beans, carrots, etc. He picks up food with his fingers and gets it into his mouth, but he hasn't figured out that he has to let go when he gets it in his mouth! lol
Any suggestions as to what else I should try feeding him?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 2:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son eats anything he can get his hands on and is 8 months old. Crackers, etc. He eats stage 3 but really likes the 2's..He ws eating the exact same things he does now at 5 months, just a little less lol..Just keep giving him what he likes right now until he acts like he wants any kind of food he sees, then you can gice him other things
    landonsmommy709

Answer by landonsmommy709 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• what about noodles in very small pieces? He could try cherrios too or those teething crackers that they just chew on. Graduates puffs he might like as well. It sounds like your doing pretty well. Have you introduced meats yet? You could definitely start pureed meats if he likes them
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I thought you were supposed to wait till 9 months for the meats? Watch him closely if you give him a teething cracker.. My daughter was able to break them apart at that age and ended up with a choking-size bite in her mouth. Gave me a heart attack ... I will NOT try those again for a long time. But it was my pediatrician's suggestion in the first place... I think the stage 2 purees are fine at this age. No need to rush things unless he really seems bored. We just started solids at 6 months.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• well he does seem bored. and yes, he tries to eat anything he can get his hands on! and i have introduced meats and he likes them. actually, he likes everything i have ever given him. he has never refused anything. haha prunes dont like him tho...i found that out the hard way lol he spit up for like two hours :(
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 9:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009